Monday, January 31, 2011

Trading Spaces - Moving Journal #4

Amazing how God weaves things together. I was beginning to feel discouraged that any of the condo rental apartments I was looking at would be suitable for me to move to as the ones that were available required using community laundry facilities (way too much shlepping) and were not on the group floor (I'm an earth lover.) I had a condo once with a balcony on the fourth floor. I called it my tree house. For dog walking purposes, however, first floors are best and I wanted a patio. Ginger's apartment seemed like what I was looking for, but alas, Ginger lived in it.

Then I heard of a job opportunity with a ministry I work with that would be perfect for Ginger, I thought. Only it would require that she relocate. (Honest, I wasn't trying to get her out of her apartment, it just happened.) Short story, she loved the idea, interviewed for it and got the job. This ministry is the desire of her heart! She was willing to move up there, don't you know. So the trade is I tell her about the job and she tells her landlord about me. Result: She moves out and I move in! Ta dah!!

This all happened within a week or so of when I felt God was telling me to move near my daughter (see Moving Journal #1 below). The condo community is on the water, though unfortunately my unit isn't. But while walking Lizzie we can walk by the water's edge which, being in Florida, includes the most incredible skies and cloud formations. It's located on an inlet of the St. John's River, the only river in the world, incidentally, besides the Nile that flows south to north. From there I can see the dock by my daughter's house which is also on the inlet. My grandkids had the idea that they could get me a kayack or a canoe and I could paddle over. Cute, but I don't think so.

1 comment:

  1. I see God's signature in this. Unmistakable. And I love the picture. Oh, and your grandkids are wonderful. My kids would have had you in the kayak in no time.

    ReplyDelete